Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Letting my Creativity Come Out

Well, this is not a food blog but I do post the odd recipe. This post will be about fish and the recipe well lets just say I don't use a measuring cup well or take pictures!!!
Last night we had fish, it was a white fish that started with "T" that's all I know about it. I was craving something different and felt inspired to try something. Now I did not see this on a show or anything, Don mentioned sliced Pears, Lemons, an assortment of other options to me. This is what I did instead.
Use a Blender or Vita Mix

1 - pear
some fresh ginger
1/2 lemon
splash of white wine
Blend until nice and smooth.

Take a baking dish and spread the fish out.
I sprinkled it with Herbamare
Then poured the pear puree over top and some ground black pepper
Baked it at 350 until done.

I had no idea how this would turn out. It was almost like poaching it.
The sauce was sweet because of the pear but the lemon/ginger helped tone it down a bit.

Seriously this was truly amazing.. we will definitely try it again and maybe different fruits. Apple I think would work well also. Hmm Chicken maybe?

This kind of experimenting does happen every once in a while in our house.. its the way I really enjoy cooking. But this was by far the most adventurous I've ever been.

Let me know if you actually try it and what you thought.
If I had known it was going to be so good I would have taken pictures.

1 comment:

Simply...Gluten-free said...

This really sounds delicious! Very creative in deed