Monday, October 12, 2009

A Totally GF & LF Turkey Dinner









Well yesterday was our big thanksgiving dinner. I had decided that I was going to make everything Gluten and Lactose Free. Everything on the table I would be able to eat without having to even think about it. For me it was a challenge, could I do it and have it be a good as my Mom's thanksgiving dinner?
It started Friday with the trip to Cochrane for the bread.
Saturday I bought 2 rice pie shells from Planet Organic and made a pumpkin pie and biscuits. Sunday I was up at 7:00 and started to make the Lemon Pie - from scratch except the crust. Then it was on to the stuffing and getting the turkey ready.
With my Mom's help the turkey was stuffed and in the oven by 10:40. It was approx 24lbs so was going to take all day. We prepared all of the other veggies so that everything would be ready to just cook when the time came. Wow...it was a busy day.
We were hosting 10 people for dinner, our first real formal dinner in our new home.
I have pictures of the stuffing being made and the biscuits and pie done.
Dinner was scheduled for 6 and we sat down at 6:30...I was pretty impressed with this. LOL
What a success, everything was perfect, tasted amazing "even the stuffing" and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Everyone ate a lot with lots of compliments.

Yippee, one of the best thanksgivings ever!!!!!!!

No comments: