Wednesday, June 17, 2009

OMG - the best place to eat downtown

So Ive been wanting to blog about this great find and I just finished my lunch from this fabulous place so its fresh on my mind.
Less than a year ago a Marcello's opened up in Canterra Tower. This is a buffet set up. I would go and browse and see if there was anything to eat. Mostly salads that you know are safe. But looking at all the great hot entrees made we wish!!! One day I notice someone filling a pan and just thought I will ask. Well it turns out it was the actual chef and she is Celiac and then informed me that she cooks mostly Gluten Free if she can and showed me a bunch of stuff i could eat. I was so happy.
I don't eat out much so months later I ventured back thinking I would request to talk to the great chef and ask again. Well to my surprise when I looked at the signage for all the food & she has started to mark whether its Healthy, Gluten Free/Wheat Free and Dairy Free. I could have kissed someone i was so happy.
I bought my lunch and then went back to work and immediately emailed the owner and told her how happy I was and how important it was for my diet.
The next time I was in I ran into this fab chef again and told her how much I appreciate what she had done.
Today I had this fabulous hot salmon dill dish, carrot salad, spinach with a little bit of greek salad on top as a dressing. I picked out the feta cheese. It was so good!!!!
So if you work downtown, venture over to Canterra Tower 3rd & 3rd SW 2nd floor. I try to go early so that I have less chance of customers cross contaminating the food.
Please realize I do not react immediately but so far I have been good when Ive eaten there.
Let me know if you go and what you think.

No comments: